STAFF NURSE - RESOURCE TEAM JOB
Date: May 13, 2013
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Location: Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Department: Critical Care Nursing
Methodist Health System recognizes the need to provide safe, quality care to patients by ensuring adequate numbers of competent staff based on patient acuity.
The Resource Team provides nursing resources to nursing units/departments within Methodist Dallas Medical Center. Resource Team nurses will be responsible for responding to increasing acuity needs and replacing existing vacancies that arise throughout the hospital. A Resource Team RN will be a 36-hour full-time, benefited employee. To qualify for the Resource Team, RNs:
* Should have 2 years of nursing experience.
* Must be competent in two (2) areas under the discipline of Emergency and ICU to work on the Emergency Services or Critical Care Resource Team.
* Must be able to work in any Med/Surg and Medical Telemetry unit to qualify for the Med/Surg Resource Team.
In addition to the above-mentioned requirements, the Resource Team RN will also be responsible for the following duties:
* Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
* Assumes responsibility for the nursing components of the patient/family/significant other educational process.
* Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients, and family members and evaluates understanding of informational manner.
* Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility.
* Ensures complete, accurate, and timely written communication of patient information.
* Provides a therapeutic environment through safe, accurate, and timely medication and IV administration.
* Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance and for professional growth and development.
* Utilizes the nursing process to ensure quality patient care is provided throughout the episode of care.
* Other duties as assigned.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segments: Nursing, Emergency Medicine, Medical, Patient Care, ICU, Healthcare