Jodi Palmer is Methodist Health: Gaining momentum.
by Jodi Palmer
1. You’re in your second month of I am Methodist Health. Congratulations! In general, how’s it going?
Well, I’d like to start off and say THANK YOU! I have a lot of support and yesssssssssss, I have had some challenging moments pushing myself to exercise in the beginning. I have learned that I am stronger than I thought, and I can actually run a little bit. GO GIRRRRRRRL … I had to pat myself on the back.
2. Which change or changes have you been able to make? Do you like the changes you have made?
I have been able to stick to my exercise routine and include more veggies in my meals. I have even been able to get my family on the same page — and they are enjoying it. They actually look forward to our Saturday workout. #GOFAMILY
3. Do you have any progress updates you’d like to share with your fans?
Now we’re talking. I can run a little bit! Seriously, in the beginning, it took me 17 minutes to complete a mile. Now I am under 12 minutes. I am PUSHING for more. Hey, I might even get that so called RUNNERS’ HIGH I keep hearing avid athletes talk about (I'm trying to stop laughing). YOU GUYS STOP LAUGHING, TOO!
4. What’s been the biggest lesson you’ve learned the first month?
I have learned that being and living healthy consists of more than just exercise. YOU MUST EAT RIGHT! I also learned that I am able to do it if I just believe and push myself. I feel a lot closer to my goal. YESSSSSSSSSS! I can see it.
5. In January, I felt like I was really starting to make progress when I was able to run three minutes nonstop!