John Sullivan is Methodist Health: Gaining momentum.
By John P. Sullivan
1. You’re in your second month of I am Methodist Health. Congratulations! In general, how’s it going?
The start of this program is both challenging, because I’m working to change my habits, and exciting. There’s so much promise and I’m looking forward to a healthier me. Of course, the reality of that journey is tough, but I am developing good habits, eliminating bad habits, and overcoming obstacles that have hindered my success in the past.
2. What change or changes have you been able to make? Do you like the changes you’ve made?
I am working on prioritizing my wellness activities versus trying to fit them into my schedule. I am doing a better job of planning my food selection and scheduling my exercise. Before, I would exercise if I finished work early enough.
I am embracing the changes as I feel more in control!
3. Do you have any progress updates you’d like to share with your fans?
Not yet, but I’ve worked with my coach, Beth Leermakers, and she is helping me make wellness the foundation of the program.
4. What’s been the biggest lesson you’ve learned the first month?
The changes need to be more about better choices versus trying to be perfect.
5. In January, I felt like I was really starting to make progress when I became sick and was derailed from my progress. But I’m back on track now, so watch out!