Jason Martin is Methodist Health: Just getting started.
By Jason Martin
Jason is an environmental specialist at Methodist Dallas Medical Center. He and his wife are eagerly awaiting the birth of their baby. What a great incentive to lose weight, get healthier, and be ready to welcome a new life into the world. In fact, Jason’s already lost eight pounds in the first two weeks of the program!
1. How are you feeling now? Why do you want to become healthier?
I’m feeling great and so excited about the future. I want to become healthy so I can feel better, look better, and be around for my firstborn child, who will be here in May!
2. What are your goals to become healthier?
My goals to become healthier are to eat better, exercise more, and find a better way to channel my emotions rather than eating.
3. What do you need from your co-workers, team members, friends, and family to help you achieve your goals?
What I need from my co-workers, team members, friends, and family is their support. I want them to encourage me, help me stay positive, and hold me accountable to these daily lifestyle changes. Will you help me?
4. What is the hardest change in lifestyle that you expect to experience?
Seriously? It will be staying committed while working the third shift, then going to the gym right after work.
5. When you reach your wellness goals, it will all be worth it because:
I will be headed in the right direction to a healthier me!